Each GrammarActive® Parts of Speech Series is an action-packed interactive program that actively engages both teachers and students in the study of the eight parts of speech, sentence patterns, punctuation, clauses, editing, writing applications, and usage within literary context.
The three instructional levels presented in each volume range from basic concepts to advanced skills, allowing teachers to differentiate each lesson to meet the needs of the students. All level three activities incorporate themes, plots, and characters from classic and contemporary literature (over 30 works cited) into the grammar instruction. The action-packed grammar activities encourage the development of grammar proficiency necessary for a lifetime of articulate oral and written communication.
Each Parts of Speech volume includes the following:
- Differentiated instruction and activities to reach all learners – includes levels one, two, and three
- Approximately 200 pages of teacher and student guides, answer keys, activity sheets, games, review sheets, magnetic cards and punctuation, assessments, and more
- Materials delivered in both print and on CD ROM (for easy display)
- Shape and color-coded magnetic (or vinyl) flashcard manipulatives to use with the exciting interactive games and activities provided.
- Shape and color-coded magnetic flashcard manipulatives for use with the interactive games.
- Flesch-Kincaid and EDL grade level testing from 6th-12th grade reading and vocabulary levels.
- Activities that will engage attention-challenged students and students with other learning differences.
- Options to use activities as daily mini lessons or as full lessons