In middle school, students are reviewing the parts of speech and their functions within sentences and are expanding their focus to the principal elements of the sentence: phrases, clauses, direct and indirect objects, modifiers, subject-verb agreement. The objective is to show students how to use sentence variation in their writing.
GrammarActive offers a comprehensive and effective program to teachers looking for creative ways to hone these syntax and usage skills, not only through grammar activities, but also through writing, and literature citations. Our program provides over thirty references to the most prevalently required middle school reading selections.
GrammarActive® Parts of Speech Series is an action-packed interactive program that engages both teachers and students in the study of the eight parts of speech, sentence patterns, punctuation, clauses, editing, writing applications, and usage within literary context. Our program is especially useful for students with language based learning differences.
Each Parts of Speech volume includes the following:
- Differentiated instruction with tiered activity options
- Materials delivered in both print and on CD-ROM (for easycomputer/interactive whiteboard projection to actively engage students in the activities).
- Reinforcement games after each lesson
- Approximately 200 pages of teacher and student guides, activity sheets, games, answer keys, assessments.
- Shape and color-coded magnetic flashcard manipulatives for use with the interactive games.
Hands on activities – students can use magnetic cards to transform sentences from simple to compound, from compound to complex, and more!
- Flesch-Kincaid and EDL grade level tested from 6th – 12th grade reading and vocabulary levels.
- Activities that will engage attention-challenged students.