Special Educators are a versatile and patient group of teachers, challenged to find ways to reach various levels within a student group. GrammarActive Parts of Speech Series integrates research based learning strategies.
Many teachers (both special education and general education) are focused on finding creative ways to deliver differentiated instruction to accommodate the range of diverse learners in their classrooms.
Fortunately, recent research has revealed some practical approaches designed to enhance learning for all styles of learners. GrammarActive® Parts of Speech Series has capitalized on the research and integrated those strategies into its supplemental curriculum:
- Scaffolding (temporary support system)starting with explicit, step by step instruction and gradually allowing students more autonomy as they master the skills.
- Differentiated instruction based on learner readiness, interest, and profile
- Clear objectives in place, so students have clear expectations
- Use of graphics, pictures, colors to augment instruction
- Engage students in the learning process via games, activities, songs, etc…
- Reinforce content concepts before moving to next topic
- Track student progress
Students of all ages and abilities thrive when given choices regarding how they can engage in classroom activities successfully. When students are excited about learning and see progress, they begin to take ownership, which leads to better academic success.
GrammarActive® Parts of Speech Series is an action-packed interactive program that engages both teachers and students in the study of the eight parts of speech, sentence patterns, punctuation, clauses, editing, writing applications, and usage within literary context. All level three activities incorporate themes, plots, and characters from classic and contemporary literature (over 30 works cited) into the grammar instruction. Our program is especially useful for students with language-based learning differences.
GrammarActive® Parts of Speech Series integrates research-based teaching strategies to all types of learners.
Each Parts of Speech volume includes the following:
- Differentiated instruction – 3 levels in each volume
- Reinforcement games after each lesson
- Approximately 200 pages of teacher and student guides, activity sheets, games, review sheets, assessments.
- Materials delivered in both print and on CD-ROM.
- Shape and color-coded magnetic flashcard manipulatives for use with the exciting interactive games and activities.
- Hands on activities—students can use magnetic cards to transform sentences from simple to compound, from compound to complex, and more!
- Flesch-Kincaid and EDL grade level tested from 6th – 12th grade reading and vocabulary levels.
- Activities that will engage attention-challenged students and students with other learning differences.